|DePauw sophomore cross country and track & field runner Siri Retrum|
Hometown/High School: Columbus, IN/ Columbus North
Institution: DePauw University
Sports: Cross Country and Track and Field
• I am originally from ... Anderson, IN
• Why did you choose to attend a NCAA Division III institution? I was looking for a school with a competitive sports program and challenging academics.
• How would you describe the philosophy of NCAA Div. III? Being able to excel as a collegiate athlete while pursuing high academic goals.
• How has your experience been in balancing athletics and academics at DePauw? Having practice nearly everyday of the year keeps me on a strict schedule. Fitting in running, lifting, classes and studying makes my schedule very regimented which helps me manage my time to accomplish everything.
• How would you best describe your normal day as a student-athlete at the NCAA Div. III level? I.e. What do you do all day? Depending on the day I wake up at 7 a.m. and run a few miles, shower and go to class. After lunch I will go lift before I go to the rest of my classes. Then at 4 pm I go to practice until 6 pm. After dinner I will study until I get my work done then I go to bed.
• Favorite thing about DePauw? The close- knit nature of campus. Walking to classes it is common to see at least 10 people I know that I can say hi to.
• Favorite thing about the NCAC? The friendly and competitive spirit at all sporting events.
• What do you want to be when you grow up? A nurse
• People may be surprised to know that …… My name is Norwegian.
• What’s currently playing on your I-Pod? Keith Urban
• Who do you look up to? My sister Becky, she started her own business by herself.
• if you could excel at any competitive sport (other than your own) which would you choose? Triathlons
• What's the most impressive meal you've ever cooked? Grilled salmon, roasted rosemary sweet potatoes, salad, and grilled asparagus
• What’s your favorite sports team? The Colts
• Favorite hobbies outside work/school? Cooking, spending time with family and friends, biking, swimming, reading, and playing on the lake
• First job? Life guard
• Favorite ice cream? I love all ice cream!!