Friday, October 30, 2009

Earlham's Gage an All-Star

Earlham's Cassie Gage has had her season extended by one game. The senior has been selected to play in the 2009 NFHCA Division III Senior All-Star Game.

She is one of 38 players selected, and the is only representative from the NCAC.
“It is very exciting,” Gage said. “I’m nervous and really surprised. I’m in shock and all I can do is grin. It’s great because I never thought that I would be playing in a national all-star game.”
The match is scheduled for Sunday, November 22, 2009 at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Mass. The contest begins at 9:30 a.m.

Gage has 88 points in her career and is one away from tying Margaret Kerrick (1983-86) for the all-time Earlham record. She has 37 goals and 14 assists in her time with the Quakers.

She is second in career goals behind Kerrick’s 42, while her 14 assists have her tied for third. Rebecca Aldred (2000-03) holds the all-time assist mark with 18.

No comments: