Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gaines Gains International Experience

Wittenberg junior Dan Gaines got to play some high-level lacrosse and experience a new culture over the summer. Gaines played for the USA Athletes International team in the Berlin Open, Europe's biggest annual lacrosse tournament. Held in Berlin, Germany, the three-day event consisted of 20 male teams participating in around-the-clock lacrosse competition. His team fared well but dropped the tournament championship game to the talented and NCAA Division I-loaded Team Gatorade.

Gaines was not worried about the wins and losses, however. He was grateful to have the opportunity to play his sport in a foreign country.

"I feel like I fully embraced the tournament and all it had to offer," he said. I was not just trying to play lacrosse in Germany, but I was trying to get a feel for another culture as well."

Read more here ...

No comments: