Thursday, October 13, 2011

Five Minutes With ... Audra Batdorff

Allegheny Senior Volleyball Player Audra Batdorff
Name: Audra Batdorff

Hometown/High School: Louisville, OH/ Louisville High School

Institution: Allegheny College

Major: Biology

Minor: Psychology

Sport: Volleyball

I am originally from ... Louisville Ohio

Why did you choose to attend a NCAA Division III institution? Allegheny is known for having an amazing biology department and I have always wanted to go into the medical field. So it just fit.

How would you describe the philosophy of NCAA Div. III? I really love the atmosphere of Div. III because people are here for no other reason than the love of the game.

How has your experience been in balancing athletics and academics at Allegheny?  It has been difficult at times, but the professors are very flexible here and they love to make things work.

How would you best describe your normal day as a student-athlete at the NCAA Div. III level? My day is really simple eat, class, practice homework, and maybe some sleep. If I am lucky.

Favorite thing about Allegheny? I love the campus. It’s really beautiful in every season.

Favorite thing about the NCAC? Competitive level of the teams we play.

What do you want to be when you grow up? I plan to be a Nurse Practitioner.

Do you have any hidden talents that very few people know about? I like to knit.

What aspect of being a student-athlete at the Div. III level, do you hope to take with you into your professional life? Having good time management skills.

What has been your most memorable moment in athletics during your collegiate career? Traveling to Europe with the team.

What’s currently playing on your I-Pod? Long Hot Summer- Keith Urban

What is your most prized possession? My grandmother’s engagement ring. It meant so much when she gave it to me. It can never be replaced.

How many hours a week do you spend on Facebook? Seven-ish.

What would be your advice for someone that is considering enrolling as a student-athlete at a NCAA Div. III institution? Pick a school that you could see yourself going to without athletics. You need to make sure that you are going to a college for a great experience as well as education.

What are the toughest issues facing Div. III athletes today?  Some people believe there is no incentive to play at the Div. III level.

Who do you look up to?
My mom.  Anytime I am having a problem I call her and she listens no matter what.

If you could be a superhero which special power would you choose to have? I would be Batman. He is just a normal guy with a lot of cool gadgets.

If you could excel at any competitive sport (other than your own) which would you choose? Basketball. I love the intensity of the game.

What’s your favorite sports team/Who’s your favorite athlete? Browns. Payton Hillis!!

Favorite hobbies outside work/school? I love to fish!

First job? I worked at a Cheese Factory. I had to wear a hat net and all.

Favorite ice cream? Vanilla

Best/worst summer job? I love working at Victoria’s Secret.

No comments: